The Oregon Stream Protection Coalition participated in Riparian Rule Analysis Stakeholder Meetings with the Board of Forestry on April 29, 2015, and December 17, 2014.
Following is the draft agenda from the April 29, 2015, meeting.
Board of Forestry Riparian Rule Analysis Conservation Stakeholder Meeting
April 29, 2015 – 9:00-11:30 AM
Oregon Department of Forestry – Salem Compound Bldg. D. Sun Pass room
1. Review / debrief of April Board of Forestry meeting
2. Discussion of process for materials for the June Board of Forestry meeting.
a. Review of the current version of the Decision Matrix.
b. Discuss how the actual results be made available to stakeholders.
3. Economic values of ecological benefits: Discuss which information and basis of evaluation. Use Earth Economics, Rapid Ecosystem Service Valuation as a framework for discussing challenges and refining approach (see attachments April 2015 Ecol Values and Ecosystem Valuation).
4. Reaches covered by the new rules:
a. What is ODF going to propose in this regard? (e.g., Just SSBT or some upstream extent?)
b. What is ODF’s response to the memo from Richard Fitzgerald on the Salmon, steelhead, and bull trout data layer developed by ODF&W (implementation concerns and recommendations)? How does the Department propose to evaluate/weigh implementation concerns?
5. Discussion of Landowner Positions and Proposals:
a. The Committee for Family Forestland letter/position statement on the riparian rule analysis (previously attached);
b. Draft prescriptions developed by the Northwest and Southwest Regional Forest Practices Committees
6. Next meeting scheduled for May 22, 2015 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM – agenda topics.
VIEW INFORMATION ABOUT December 17, 2014, meeting.